*All activities are weather dependent.
Balloon times may be delayed or canceled because of weather.
Weather impacts ballooning. For safety of the pilots and passengers:
- Balloons will not fly in winds higher than 10 mph.
- Winds aloft may differ from wind on the ground and will also be taken into consideration.
- Balloon Pilots operate under FAA VFR conditions, which means they must have good visibility for a least 3 miles.
- Balloons do not launch in the rain.
- Fronts usually bring a change in wind speed and direction, impacting launch and/or launch times.
- There must be NO thunderstorms within 100 miles of the launch point for a launch to take place.